Wednesday 2 July 2014

Review - Lay's Chile Limon Potato Chips

Hello there dear readers. This is my new blog where I will share eating brand reviews. I decided to take off my new endeavor with Lay's® Chile Limon Potato Chips. This flavor was launched in India quite a while ago. But I decided to do this review anyway. I often stick to Classic Salted, Magic Masala or American Style Cream & Onion. I decided to try out Chile Limon flavor. I wouldn't have tried this if it weren't for my whimsical mind. But, I must say that I was quite happy that I did.



I picked this bag for INR 10 at the local supermarket. This pack contained 20% extra chips. So, it looked like a good deal, considering it is Lay's which is mostly air! Let's take a look at the product.

Like I said, air! Lots and lots of air!

Smells great!

Price - INR 10
Weight - 31.2 grams (26 grams + 5.2 grams / 1.1 oz)




As I opened the pack, a tangy waft of flavors greeted my senses. The first bite into the chip was quite dramatic. My face might have looked like this baby's when the uber-sour notes of lime hit my taste-buds. The lime felt very strong at first. It contained lime juice powder which managed to taste like freshly-squeezed lime juice.

Fresh and crispy

But somehow, the second bite tasted good enough. And the subsequent bites just got better. I could taste a subtle zest of red chilies, because the lime overpowered the hotness. I think there should have been more chili. It also left a good aftertaste in the mouth. So, I am happy that I tried it.



My Rating

Taste - 2 on 5
Quality - 3 on 5
Appearance - 3 on 5
Packaging - 3 on 5
Price - 2 on 5 (Lay's in mostly air)
Fullness Factor - 1 on 5

Overall Rating - 2.33


Nutritional Info - Lay's Chile Limon Potato Chips

Serving Size - 1.1 oz (31.2 grams / about 15 chips)
Calories - 172 (from Fat - 90)
Protein - 2.27 g
Carbohydrate - 15.3 g (Sugar - 1.03 g)
Fat - 11.36 g
Sodium - 239 mg

So, the question is would I buy these chips again? Yes, may be when my favorite flavors are not available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your insights with me!